Historical Maps of the United States
For Additional Maps:
U.S. Historical Maps on Other Web Sites
Early Inhabitants (From The National Atlas of the United States of America (Arch C. Gerlach, editor).Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Geological Survey, 1970)
Exploration and Settlement (Except as noted, from The National Atlas of the United States of America (Arch C. Gerlach, editor).Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Geological Survey, 1970)
U.S. Territorial Growth (From The National Atlas of the United States of America (Arch C. Gerlach, editor).Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Geological Survey, 1970)
Military History Maps (Except as noted, from American Military History, United States Army Center of Military History, 1989)
Later Historical Maps
- Colonial North America (129K)
- The British Colonies in North America, 1763-1775 (581K)
Inset: Middle Colonies. From The Historical Atlas by William R. Shepherd, 1923.
- Campaigns of the American Revolution, 1775-1781 (645K)
Inset:The West and South, 1778-1781. From The Historical Atlas by William R. Shepherd, 1923.
- 1755 - Braddock's Expedition June-July 1755 (194K)
- 1775 - Boston - Concord Area, Route of British Troops April 1775 (194K)
- 1775 - American Attack on Quebec (323K)
- 1776 - Retreat from New York October-December 1776 (194K)
Inset: Battle of Long Island 27 August 1776
- 1776 - Attack on Trenton 26 December 1776 (129K)
- 1777 - Battle of Germantown 4 October 1777 (129K)
- 1777 - Burgoyne's March on Albany June-October 1777 (323K)
Inset: Battles South of Saratoga
- 1777-1778 - Pennsylvania-New Jersey Area of Operations 1777-1778 (194K)
Inset: The Battle of Brandywine 11 September 1777
- 1778-1781 - The Southern Area 1778-1781 (258K)
Inset: The Siege of Charleston March-May 1780
- 1781 - Battle of Cowpens 17 January 1781 (Schematic) (129K)
- 1781 - Concentration of Forces at Yorktown April-October 1781 (258K)
- 1783-1812 - Northern Frontier 1783-1812 (129K)
- 1812-1814 - The Northern Frontier In the War of 1812 (194K)
- 1812 - Niagara River Area, War of 1812 (194K)
- 1812 - Southern Frontier in the War of 1812 (194K)
- 1812-1814 - Chesapeake Bay Area 1812-1814 (194K)
- 1846-1847 - The Mexican War 1846-1847 (194K)
- Seat of the Civil War, 1861-1865 (645K)
Inset: Vicinity of Gettysburg. From The Historical Atlas by William R. Shepherd, 1923.
- 1861-1865 - The Civil War 1861-1865 (323K)
- The Civil War Area of Operations (516K)
- 1861-1865 - The Eastern Theater 1861-1865 (516K)
- 1861 - Battle of Bull Run 16-21 July 1861 (258K)
- 1862 - Battle of Shiloh 6 April 1862 (323K)
Inset: Approaches to Shiloh
- 1862 - Peninsular Campaign May-July 1862 (194K)
- 1862 - Battle of Fredericksburg 13 December 1862 (268K)
- 1862 - Battle of Stones River 31 December 1862 (194K)
- 1863 - Vicksburg Campaign March-July 1863 (194K)
- 1863 - Battle of Chancellorsville 1-6 May 1863 (581K)
Inset: Approaches to the Battle 27-30 April 1863
- 1863 - Battle of Gettysburg 1-3 July 1863 (258K)
- 1863 - Battles near Chattanooga September-November 1863 (258K)
Inset: Approach to Chattanooga September 1863
- 1864-1865 - Wilderness to Petersburg May 1864-April 1865 (194K)
- 1864 - Drive to Atlanta 4 May-2 September 1864 (452K)
- 1860-1890 - The Trans-Mississippi West Some Posts, Tribes, and Battles of the Indian Wars (452K)
- 1898 - Greater Antilles Area of Operations (129K)
- 1898 - Siege of Santiago 1-17 July 1898 (452K)
Inset: Approach to Santiago 22-30 June 1898
- 1918 - Western Front September 1914 - March 1918 (258K)
- 1918 - Western Front 20 March - 11 November 1918 (258K)
- World War II Maps (50 Maps)
- 1950-1951 - The Korean Conflict 1950-1951 (258K)
- 1952-1953 - The Stabilized Front 1952-1953 (194K)
- Southeast Asia (387K)
- 1967 - 1 and 2 Corps Tactical Zones 1967 (452K)
Inset: Lamson 719
- 1967 - 3 and 4 Corps Zones 1967 (387K)
Inset: Attack into Cambodia
Maps of National Historic Sites
- The United States, 1783-1803 (581K)
Insets: The State of Franklin, 1784-1788. Early distribution of the Public Lands (Ohio). From The Historical Atlas by William R. Shepherd, 1923.
- The Organization of Territories in the United States since 1803 (1MB)
I.1803-1810, II.1810-1835, III.1835-1855, IV.Since 1855. From The Historical Atlas by William R. Shepherd, 1923.
- Eastern United States 1906 (308K)
U.S. Geological Survey 1906.
- Historical Maps of U.S. Cities (146 Maps)
- Indian Territory [Oklahoma] 1884 (1MB)
From Hardesty's Historical and Geographical Encyclopedia 1884.
- The Indians in the United States (645K)
From The Historical Atlas by William R. Shepherd, 1923.
- Lake Champlain and Routes Between Albany and Montreal 1844 (387K)
"Map of Lake Champlain and Route Between Albany and Monteal" from The Picturesque Tourist: Being a Guide Through Northern and Eastern States edited by Orville L. Holley, 1844.
- Niagara Falls 1844 (258K)
"Chart of Niagara Falls the Shores and Islands 1844" from The Picturesque Tourist: Being a Guide Through Northern and Eastern States edited by Orville L. Holley, 1844.
- Texas 1917 (774K)
From The New Encyclopedic Atlas and Gazetteer of the World. Edited and Revised by Francis J. Reynolds, 1917.
- Western United States 1906 (281K)
U.S. Geological Survey 1906.
- Yellowstone National Park 1917 (645K)
"Detail Map of Yellowstone Park Showing Automobile Roads & Points of Interest". From Automobile Blue Book 1917
Vennligst kontakt email@example.com hvis du har noen kommentarer eller spørsmål vedrørende våre sider.
Takk til The General Libraries. The University of Texas at Austin.