Historical Atlas by William R. Shepherd, 1923
Note: This listing follows the order of the table of contents, with page numbers given for the 1923 edition.
- The Oriental Empires about 600 B.C. (146K) [p.8]
- The Persian Empire about 500 B.C. (134K) [p.8]
- The Beginnings of Historic Greece 700 B.C.-600 B.C. (177K) [p.8]
- Reference Map of Attica. Plan of Thermopylae, 480 B.C. (500K) [p.16]
Inset: Harbors of Athens
- Reference Map of Asia Minor under the Greeks and Romans (360K) [p.20]
- Plan of the Roman Forum and its Vicinity at the Time of the Republic (208K) [p.24]
- Plan of the Imperial Forums and their Vicinity (240K) [p.24]
- The Germanic Kingdoms and the East Roman Empire 526-600 (859K) [p.50]
The Germanic Kingdoms and the East Roman Empire in 526. Europe and the East Roman Empire, 533-600.
- Roman Britain About 410. (452K) [p.51]
- Settlements of Angles, Saxons and Jutes in Britain about 600 (323K) [p.51]
- France in 1453 (516K) [p.81]
- Italy about 1494 (774K) [p.90]
Insets: The Milanese under the Visconti, 1339-1402. The Republic of Florence, 1300-1494.
- The Swiss Confederation, 1291-1513 (710K) [p.91]
- The Mongol Dominions, 1300-1405 (410K) [p.92]
- The Ottoman Empire, 1451-1481. Constantinople (671K) [p.93]
- Plan of Rome in the Middle Ages (452K) [p.96]
- The Roman Suburbicarian (Cardinal) Bishoprics about the 12th Century (323K) [p.96]
- Ecclesiastical Map of the British Isles in the Middle Ages (645K) [p.97]
- Mediaeval Universities (452K) [p.100]
- Rural Deaneries (387K) [p.100]
Part of the bishopric of Winchester showing rural deaneries and religious houses during the Middle Ages.
- Ground Plan of a Monastery (St.Gall, Switzerland) (516K) [p.101]
- Plan of a Mediaeval Manor (710K) [p.104]
- The Conquest of Mexico, 1519 - 1521 (350K) [p.106]
- The Age of discovery 1340-1600 (903K) [p.107-108]
- The Conquest of Peru, 1531 - 1533 (431K) [p.111]
- The Netherlands 1559-1609 (645K) [p. 117]
- Sweden about 1658 (387K) [p.120]
- Principal Seats of War in Europe, I. 1618-1660 (581K) [p.121]
- Treaty of the Pyrenees 1659 (194K) [p.121]
Treaty Adjustments, 1648-1660. Treaty of Pyrenees, 1659; Peace of Roeskilde-Oliva, 1658, 1660
- Treaty of Westphalia 1648 (258K) [p.121]
Treaty Adjustments, 1648-1660. Treaty of Westphalia 1648.
- The Religious Situation in Central Europe about 1618 (581K) [p. 116]
- The Ottoman Empire, 1481-1683 (581K) [p.124]
- The Spread of Colonization, 1600-1700 (516K) [p.128]
Insets:Partition of Guiana and the West Indies. India. The Establishment of Dutch Power in the Malay Archipelago, 1602-1641. Guinea Coast.
- India, 1700-1792 (645K) [p.137]
- Typical German States Before and since the French Revolution: I. Baden (598K) [p.142]
Insets: The County of Sponheim. Lordship of Gravenstein. Baden since 1801.
- Typical German States Before and since the French Revolution: II. Wurtemberg (698K) [p.143]
Insets: County of Horburg and Lordship of Reichenweier. Principality-County of Montbeliard. Wurtemberg since 1495.
- Plan of the Battle of Waterloo (581K) [p.156]
- Plan of the Waterloo Campaign, June 16-18, 1815 (516K) [p.156]
- Treaty adjustments, 1814,1815 (516K) [p.157]
Inset: Fortresses along the French Frontier.
- Dismemberment of the Ottoman Empire since 1683 (387K) [p.164]
Insets: Southwestern Crimea, 1854. Plan of Sevastopol, 1854-1855.
- Distibution of Races in the Balkan Peninsula and Asia Minor (387K) [p.165]
- The Growth of European and Japanese Dominions in Asia since 1801 (839K) [p.170, 171]
Inset: Vicinity of Peking.
- Australia and New Zealand, 1788-1911 (645K) [p.172]
- Distribution of the Principal European Languages in 1914 (452K) [p.176]
- Localities in Western Europe connected with American History (519K) [p.184]
- The Indians in the United States (645K) [p.188]
- The British Colonies in North America, 1763-1775 (581K) [p.194]
Inset: Middle Colonies.
- Campaigns of the American Revolution, 1775-1781 (645K) [p.195]
Inset:The West and South, 1778-1781.
- The United States, 1783-1803 (581K) [p.196]
Insets: The State of Franklin, 1784-1788. Early distribution of the Public Lands (Ohio).
- The Organization of Territories in the United States since 1803 (1MB) [p.202-3]
I.1803-1810, II.1810-1835, III.1835-1855, IV.Since 1855.
- Seat of the Civil War, 1861-1865 (645K) [p.208]
Inset: Vicinity of Gettysburg.
- The Panama Canal (757K) [p.216]
The Canal Zone. Profile of the Canal.
Gaustadalléen 21, NO-0349 OSLO. Tlf.: +47 22 95 85 00 Faks: +47 22 60 44 27
Vennligst kontakt firstname.lastname@example.org hvis du har noen kommentarer eller spørsmål vedrørende våre sider.
Takk til The General Libraries. The University of Texas at Austin.